Digitalent is a strategic intervention by ICT Authority on behalf of the
Ministry of Information Communication
Technology to develop and sustain high end ICT talent by bridging the gap between industry
requirements and the
capabilities of the local workforce. This is in line with the National ICT master plan which underscores the
develop a critical mass of high-end ICT skills and to develop an ICT ready workforce to meet the needs of the
The programme has trained over 1200 ICT graduates.
The 2020-21 call for applications targets Digitalent Cohort 5 recent ICT
The internship is offered to Kenyan youth who recently
graduated with ICT, Engineering, Education (e-learning & content
development), Medicine, Built Environment, Agriculture, Law and Communication (Graphic Design, Public
Corporate Communication) who must have attained a first class or upper second class honours between January 2018
date of this advertisement and/or awaiting graduation.
- Applicant MUST have graduated and attained First or Upper Second-Class Honors (or the equivalent) from a
institution in the last two years from 2018 to the date of this advertisement.
- Recent graduates in BSc ICT or Engineering - The graduates must have thorough knowledge
in the core areas of
specialization; Network & Infrastructure, Engineering, Applications Development, Information Security and
- Recent graduates in Project Management Agriculture, Medicine, Built Environment, Education
development), Law and Communication (Graphic Design, Public Relations & Corporate Communication)
who have a
using Information & Communication Technology (ICT) to integrate the above areas.
- Applicant must have the requisite skills to carry out research and innovation to enable the government
leverage ICT for
realization of the big 4 agenda.
- Female, persons with disability and graduates from the ASAL regions are encourage to apply.
- Be a Kenyan youth between 21 to 35 years of age Unemployed;
- Should be willing and ready to be deployed in any government organization (MCDAs) within the 47 counties.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a twelve (12) months’ full-time programme running from
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted to attend the interviews. Depending on the core area, the
be required to demonstrate technical competencies on the core of specialization prior to the interview.
- The Authority WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of the program. However, applicants who
complete the program are allowed to competitively apply for any positions the government advertises.
- Canvassing directly or indirectly, will result in disqualification.